Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tip


#141

Milo has some friends visiting this week.  We are dog sitting our friends' two little Italian Greyhounds name Tip & Cheerio.  Tip is featured in this picture looking out the front window of my house.  It's a favorite spot for me to take pictures because I'm a big fan of the lighting only coming in from one side.  He wasn't thrilled with having to take time out of his busy playing schedule to pose for me.  But I promised him a hot dog if he'd cooperate for 5 minutes so he reluctantly agreed.

Technical Notes: Nikon D700, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G, ISO 1600, f/1.8, 1/320, Auto White Balance, Spot Metering.  In editing I dodged his face to make it a little lighter, burned the background to make sure it was as dark as I wanted it, and changed the picture to black and white.  I have several Presets for black & white downloaded into Aperture 3.  The one I used for this picture is called Diane Arbus.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful snap! I love IGs. The lighting and B&W is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I thought of you when I posted this!

    ReplyDelete