Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rays of Sunshine


#131

I'd like to think that I grow daisies because they're like a big happy ray of sunshine.  But in reality I grow them because they're hard to kill.  My thumb is only semi green so I have to work around my shortcomings by growing flowers that are pretty hardy.  My solution is to grow daisies and mums.  I've had mums that I completely forgot to water most of the summer when I lived up north and yet they still came back the next year for more.  They're tough little guys and on top of that, they spread!  The daisies and mums that line my sidewalk started as tiny little things and last summer they were practically bushes.  In fact they were bigger than the actual bushes I planted behind them and that completely threw me off.  The smaller plants are supposed to be in front.  So now I'm curious to see how big they get this year.  I've probably been way too good to them since I installed a drip watering system to make my life easier.  I should neglect them some more so they don't overtake my bushes and ruin my vegetative scheme.

Technical Notes:  Nikon D700, Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6G, ISO 200, Focal Length 80mm, f/5.6, 1/160, Auto White Balance, Spot Metering.

No comments:

Post a Comment