Tuesday, May 24, 2011

No More Pictures, Please!


#142


#143

That's how I feel somedays!  I love photography, but some days I am so tired that I just can't bring myself to pick up my camera another day in a row.  Yesterday I took my pictures for the day and didn't love any of them so I decided not to post anything rather than post a bad photo.  But today I took my kids to a state park that I've been wanting to check out for a while.  I figured it'd be a good opportunity to get outside AND to take pictures for the day.  My youngest son was NOT in the mood for any pictures as evidenced by the first photo.  But luckily my oldest son was willing to pose at least a little bit for me.  

The best part was that we loved the park.  There were lots of great hiking trails with tons of stuff to explore.  You gotta love Texas though because when you go on a hike here, you do it knowing there are wild hogs and rattlesnakes out there.  But the Texans don't seem to think it's a big deal and they just go on hiking anyway despite the risks.  I guess I've adopted that same mentality.  My kids hear me say all the time, "Just watch out for snakes!" as I send them off on their adventures.  In reality though it's pretty unlikely that you'll run into a snake or a wild hog.  They'd rather avoid us just like we'd rather avoid them.  You just have to be cautious and aware of your surroundings so you don't sneak up on anything that wouldn't take kindly to being snuck up on:)





No comments:

Post a Comment