Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let's Go Fly a Kite


#138

A word of caution, if you get invited to go to your child's school and fly kites, be afraid, be very afraid.  Today was kite day at my son's school and they invited all the parents to come out and fly a kite with their child.  I haven't flown a kite since I was a kid and I was NOT prepared for how much they cost!  But I plunked down my money and bought my son a kite.  Well, let me tell you, just because a kite is expensive does NOT mean it flies well.  This kite was dive bombing everyone!  It targeted one poor man repeatedly!  I'm seriously surprised that no one lost an eye today.  Every time I turned around this kite was attacking someone.  And of course the 5 year old at the end of the string had no idea how to prevent the attack.  Eventually we got if flying high and managed not to hurt anyone.  But it was touch and go there for a while.

Technical Notes:  Nikon D700, Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 LD, ISO 400, Focal Length 240mm, f/5, 1/4000, Auto White Balance, Spot Metering.

No comments:

Post a Comment