So this is what I've been working on lately. First I built a pathway from my driveway, through my front yard and up to my doorstep. That pathway created a large space between it and the existing flower beds that was just screaming to me to do something with it. So I decided I'd plant a few flowers and a few bushes in there. I started by tilling up the whole area. Then I added a row of Snapdragons along the border of the pathway. Then I planted a few rows of Salvia behind the Snapdragons. The Salvia are what you see in this picture. Then I filled the area with mulch. Lots and lots of mulch. Mulch which I have to move by the wheelbarrow full from my side yard over to my front yard. I lost track of how many loads I've taken to the new flower bed so far but I'm sure I have at least 30 more to do. I'm kinda sick of moving mulch already.
And now for a bonus picture so you can see how the whole thing looks.