Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring


#85

Winter is officially done!  I know this because the Mesquite tree told me so.  When the Mesquites start blooming, that's the signal that Winter is done and Spring is here to stay.  And everywhere I look, the Mesquite is blooming.  So I guess the Mesquite tree has a purpose other than just to make great bar-b-que!  Although I deeply appreciate both of its purposes, I think the great bar-b-que is by far its higher calling in life.

Technical Notes:  Nikon D700, Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6G, ISO 200, Focal Length 80mm, f/5.6, 1/80, Auto White Balance.  In editing I applied a preset called NY Times Magazine which basically intensifies all of the colors in the picture.  While I was happy with the beautiful green in the original unedited shot, I like what this preset did to the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment