Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I WILL hit that ball!


#61

With the little league season fast approaching, my son and some girls from his class decided to get together to practice this afternoon.  He's always eager for a chance to get together with his friends outside of school and especially if they are his good friends J & R.  I brought my camera along and let the other mom pitch to the kids.  Everyone should just stick to what they're good at, right?  This particular picture made me laugh because of the look of sheer determination on my son's face.  

Technical Notes:  Nikon D70, VR Zoom Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G, ISO 200, Focal Length 72mm, f/5.6, 1/1000.  In editing I lightened & sharpened his face.  These baseball fields are positioned so the sun is directly behind the batter in the afternoon/evening so pictures are always a challenge.  There's always a shadow on the face.  And this lens is soft so I usually find the need to sharpen any pictures taken with it.

1 comment:

  1. I love his expression.

    Tell me about difficult lighting/positon, ugh. The sun just does not want to cooperate sometimes... My issue has been sun spots lately(even with a hood on).

    ReplyDelete