Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Son the Gymnast


#89

Ok, so the picture is crooked but I had to post it anyway to brag on my son (because that's what we moms do).  I hate it when I take crooked pictures but it seems to happen to me frequently.  This is another one of those cherished memories that I don't really care about a silly thing like the picture not quite being straight.  What I care about is remembering that at 5 years old, my son could do a handstand on the parallel bars with minimal help.  He's been working hard on this and I'm so proud of him.  Seeing how far he's come from being a floppy little kid who ran all over the gym running away from his mom during "mom & tot" classes, to this.  This makes me look forward to seeing who he will become with his determination and willingness to work at something.

And on a different note, I have to say again how much I love the low light ability of the D700.  I've tried so many times to take pictures in this gym but it was just beyond the limits of my old camera.  I simply couldn't get a fast enough shutter speed to get anything other than underexposed blurry pictures.  Now, thanks to the D700 and it's amazing ISO range, I get to capture these memories forever.  Thank you, Nikon:)

Technical Notes:  Nikon D700, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G, ISO 3200, f/2.2, 1/320, Auto White Balance, Spot Metering.

No comments:

Post a Comment