Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Joys of Photography


#88

When it's overcast outside or raining a little bit, what else is there to do besides take a nap?  While a nap is my preferred activity on any day, the best thing to do on a gloomy day is to go outside with your camera.  The light is beautiful and diffuse which allows you to enjoy all the rich, beautiful colors available.  And if it's been raining then you have the added bonus of fun little droplets on everything.  If I had a good macro lens then I would've really had fun with those droplets.  

So this morning when I looked outside and saw all the gloominess, realized it was misting and cold outside,  my first thought was that the Mesquite tree lied to me and winter is not in fact gone.  But then I realized that it was only cold by Texas standards (46 degrees-ish) and that Spring is truly here and the much needed rain came with it.  And then I got inspired and headed outside with a sweater and my camera.  And now I think I'll head out there again and see what else I can find!

Technical Notes: Nikon D700, Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6G, ISO 400, Focal Length 80mm, f/5.6, 1/80, White Balance set to Cloudy Weather.

1 comment:

  1. Very soft and lovely.

    Spring? You're lucky, we still have snow, eeekk!

    ReplyDelete