Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Migration of the Monarchs


#106

Yesterday at my son's school, they dressed up as Monarch Butterflies and pretended to migrate to warmer weather.  I have to say, it was by far the cutest thing they've done all year.  Seeing all those kids gently flapping their wings, migrating from room to room to show off their costumes was almost more than this mom could handle.  I have a seriously soft spot in my heart for kids.  I haven't always been this way, but watching my own children learn and grow has opened my eyes to how absolutely amazing the mind of a child is.  They are capable of learning so many things so quickly.  They are little sponges who view the world with an eager heart.  My boys remind me daily to appreciate the little things in life and to find joy in the seemingly ordinary.

Technical Notes:  Nikon D700, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G, ISO 1600, f/3.2, 1/250, Auto White Balance, Spot Metering.  Thank you D700 for allowing me to enjoy this moment flash free.

1 comment: