Friday, April 1, 2011

Embracing the Sun


#91

My apologies if you are getting tired of pictures of my boys.  With this project, you will end up seeing a lot of pictures of my kids and dog.  The last few days I've been working on taking photos in different kinds of lighting.  I've been trying to challenge myself to work in less than ideal lighting conditions because in life, the light and the weather doesn't always work out when you want to take pictures.  And since this project is about improving my photography skills, I want to challenge myself to work in conditions that I'm not usually comfortable in.  So this picture was taken smack dab in the middle of the day with the harsh overhead sun.  It's a time of day that I usually avoid getting my camera out.  But like I said, I'm trying to embrace the things that I usually run from.

Technical Notes:  Nikon D700, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G, ISO 200, f/2.2, 1/2500, Auto White Balance, Spot Metering

No comments:

Post a Comment