Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Picking Squash


#164

Since I don't have my own garden this year, a friend of mine invited us over to pick some vegetables out of her family's garden.  At first the kids didn't want to go which surprised me because they LOVE picking vegetables!  But once we got there they went crazy picking squash!  Apparently they'd forgotten how much fun it was to pick fresh veggies from the garden.  I had to force them to leave because we were overflowing with squash and they wouldn't quit picking!  In my opinion, these are the things that kids need to be doing.  Forget the video games and the TV, boys just need to be outside.  They learn more from being outside exploring than they ever will sitting inside.

Again, this picture was taken with my phone.

1 comment:

  1. So true that kids learn more just by playing and exploring outside! And research even backs this up. Way to go! You're being a super mom just by letting them get dirty!

    ReplyDelete