Friday, February 18, 2011

Today's Project


#49

I love a good project and I'm always starting new ones.  I always have huge plans about what I'm going to do.  But I'm only good at getting them 90% done.  The last 10% will remain unfinished for years.  Today's project was to sand and paint this little fence that you see in the background.  I'm working on an outdoor photography studio for my portrait work that I started last summer.  Except clearly I didn't get it finished last summer!  Do you see that cute raised flower bed in the background on the right?  I made that last summer along with another one that you can't see.  Except there's only flowers planted in the one you see.  The other one still needs dirt and plants.  So my goal for the next few weeks is to actually finish this space in my yard so I can actually use it to take portraits in.  Stay tuned and if you don't see a portrait from me taken in that space within the next few weeks, someone yell at me, will ya?

Technical Notes (for the first picture):  Nikon D70 (as always), Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6G (seems to always be on my camera lately), ISO 200, Focal Length 60mm, f/6.3, 1/320, no editing.

And just as a bonus, here's a picture of my kids after helping me paint the fence....which isn't finished by the way, in case you were wondering.




3 comments:

  1. You are so brave painting with a 5yo and 3yo! Excited to see your outdoor studio! Maybe we'll have to come back to get our photos done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my yard was in sad shape when you were here to visit. You're probably wondering where in the world this studio space is going to be! You are always welcome here but you know I'm going to take your family pictures next time I come up. You don't have a choice in the matter;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the personality in the kids showing through.
    Did you tell them to pose/act silly or did they do this on their own?

    I am the opposite of you: I don't start something unless I'm going to finish... I don't like unfinished projects. But I'm sure it is difficult with two young boys around!

    ReplyDelete