Monday, August 1, 2011

Good to be Back

This little road trip to pick up my hubby took what seemed like forever.  I took some time to see family before I picked him up and then we made several stops on the way home.  So I feel like I've been on the road for weeks.  It's good to be home.  Now without further ado, pictures I took along the way.


#205



#206
A trip to South Dakota wouldn't be complete without a visit to Mt. Rushmore.  My boys begged me to take them there and much to my surprise, they loved it and were so excited to see it.  Their squeals of excitement when they first spotted it were so fun.


#207
And any trip to Mt. Rushmore wouldn't be complete without a visit to the ice cream shop.  It was pretty funny to hear everyone laughing as we walked past them saying things like, "That ice cream cone is bigger than that kid!"


#208
One of my favorite bridges in the Black Hills.  This pictured doesn't do it justice.


#209
A little piece of land we own.  It's so nice to see the pond full and the grass green.  When we first bought the land it was in a drought and was covered in cactus and not much else.  We had a vision though and now I see it coming to fruition.  The next step is to plant a little orchard by the pond.


#210
A little dragonfly kept landing nearby and teasing me.  Finally he stood still long enough for me to get a picture.



2 comments:

  1. I love all the pics <3
    Hope you had a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the kids had a lot of fun. It is so quite around the house without them.

    ReplyDelete