Sunday, September 25, 2011

Grouse Hunting!

One of the best things about living in Nebraska now is the opportunity for upland bird hunting.  As much as we truly enjoyed Texas while we were there, we really missed upland hunting.  So today we took advantage of the beautiful weather and went out for a quick grouse hunt.  We discovered the joy of hunting with dogs about 8 years ago and now we won't even consider hunting without them.  The joy of watching the dogs work is like nothing else.  Milo hasn't been able to stretch his legs and use his nose like this in a long time.  So he thoroughly enjoyed todays hunt and was a lot of fun to watch.  Here is a series of quick shots I took as he crossed in front of me.




Today was more of an exploration and less of a hunt.  We were checking out new ground and unfortunately didn't find any grouse.  But it wasn't for a lack of good working dogs.  Here's a picture of me with Milo, my father-in-law's German Short Haired Pointer named Jagger, and my sister-in-law's German Short Hair named Coda.  All great dogs!



I love this last picture because Jagger is distracted by a bird that flew overhead:)  I had a great time getting out there with my family and the dogs today.  I'm definitely going to enjoy the next few years and all the hunting opportunities!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos! (ALL of them!) Love your families' GSPs... they are stunning :-) like Milo!

    ReplyDelete